Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Letter to My Daughter Jeannette

Dear Jeannette,

Life is improving and you're growing up. It won't be long before you learn that things between your father and I aren't exactly as they seem. You see us at our worst a lot, but there is so much that you don't know. When I was younger and was living with your Grandma, things were terrible for me. You know I don't like strict rules or conforming to ideals. While living in Grandma's house, that's all there was; rules, rules, rules. Rex saved me from that terrible time. It wasn't love at first sight for me, but it was for him. When I did fall in love, I fell hard and fast. Even with your father's faults, I love him more than anyone.

When Lori was born, your father and I agreed that we would continue to pursue our dreams and not let parenting change us. I, personally, think doing that did more for you kids than babying you would have. I'm an artist and wife, then a mother. It's always been that way for me. Your father's dreams were a little bit more precarious. I always believed in him, even when he gave up on himself. He is an excellent father and husband. We both wanted to help you kids understand your place in this world and I believe we did that. We had fun traveling and having new experiences, didn't we?

It's time for me to work on my painting again. I hope this letter helped you understand a little bit more about your father and I.

With love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment